Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Last Goodwill Trip For 2009 Was A Success

I thought I'd share my most recent trip to Goodwill with you. It was a good trip overall, but nothing was on sale so I paid a bit more than usual out of pocket. I could have done way better if I hit the New Years Day sale yesterday, but I can't win them all! I went ahead and went on New Years Eve so I could drop off a couple of boxes to donate. It was the last donation day for the 2009 tax year and it was worth the extra $10 or so I probably spent.

On the left is what I got for my kids. My son ended up with a pair of Gymboree jeans and two GAP shirts and my daughter got a cute pair of "like new" shoes for next year. I spent a total of $11.86 on them (with tax).

On the right is my pile of eBay goodies. I spent another $24.52 on eBay, including tax. I am guessing I'll bring in about $160 from it, once it all sales. That's like a 650% mark up! :)

Here's what I snagged for eBay:

Pair of Mickey Mouse glasses
3 Mugs
Cookie Stamp (new with tag)
Christmas plate
"Teacher" aroma pot thingy (new in box)
Breast Cancer/Pink Ribbon tie
3 kids designer sweaters (Talbots, Gymboree, Hartstrings)
Boys Talbots shirt
Vintage Lacoste sweater!!
Plus-sized Christmas sweater

So overall, I spent $36.38 at Goodwill. Not considering the "Goodwill" part, $36.38 for just 3 designer items and a pair of shoes is an awesome deal! Do you have any great thrift store trips to share? I'm a thrift store addict and would love to hear about them, email me!

6 comments:

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

You did pretty good! I love thrifting :)

Unknown said...

Thanks!! I'm addicted!! :)

Anonymous said...

I recently stopped at a thrift store in SC while I was traveling and found grab bags on "clearance" for .75 a bag of 2 for a dollar. (normally the bags are 2.50 I think)
most were surprisingly in see thru bags and were filled with 25 belts, or 15 christmas tins, or 16 nappy barbies, etc. But I dug and dug to find on which had a brand new looking safty 1st bath tub (which fold in HALF!) in one bag and then another bag was full of toys but I could tell it had a Disney princess electronic book toy that made noise.
I paid 1.00 for both bags and turned around and donated 6 or 7 toys back to the store which were unusable/unsaleable for me.
In one bag I found the Disney toy which works great AND a PINK LEAPFROG LEAPPAD!!! Score! Both worked great and included batteries. I was so excited. Ive always resold the bathtub for 4.00 and Im keeping the toys for my DD so still a profit of 3.00

I also bought a large hanging organizer which I say for 24.99 at walmart for 1.00 and a tupperware bowl which looked brand new for 1.50 (which was in the book for 16.50.

Angie said...

Oh my gosh!!! Totally a case where digging and patience pay off. Don't you love awesome thrift finds?

Saph said...

Great finds! I need to go digging at the thrift store :)
What do you do with all the items that don't sell on your ebay store? Do you keep relisting til it sells?

Angie said...

Thanks! And yes, I set up my listings to relist automatically & usually pull items that don't sell after about 2 years. If you have patience to wait that long, most stuff will sell. :)

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP