This is a cheap and easy craft that could be customized for any holiday or occasion! Here's what the kids and I did:
1. Gather some "marketing" magnets. You know the ones, they are on phone books and handed out at fairs, etc.
2. Paint the magnets with acrylic paint. Two or three coats will be needed, depending on the paint color and the design you are covering up.
3. Print of some cute photos or pictures. I just printed some pictures of the kids on regular paper in a wallet size. Then I cut out pictures with pinking shears.
4. Glue pictures onto magnets.
5. Add cute foam Valentine's hearts around pictures.
I ended up with 5 large magnets and some small ones that the kids have been playing with. We kept one large one for us and mailed the other 4 off to grandparents.
I spent a total of $5.27 at Hobby Lobby. I got one new shade of pink (I didn't really NEED it, since I had paint here) and 2 bags of foam hearts. I still have enough hearts for the kids to play with today. I thought we could cut out some hearts and make more valentines. Anyway, one bag of hearts was on sale and on the other I used a Hobby Lobby coupon.
Isn't this a cute "card", that won't be thrown away? This could be done for all kinds of occassions: birthdays, reunions, Halloween, baby showers, okay you get the idea. It's cheap, easy and oh-so cute! :)