Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wylie Mom's Free eBay Selling Advice & Resources

I started selling on eBay a few years ago as a hobby. Well, let's just say selling unused items from around the house for extra cash was addicting!! At the time I was working full time and only had one child, but my dream was to be home with my child(ren) and sell on more of a "part-time" basis. Well, flash forward 3 years and....tah dah! Here we are, I'm a stay at home mom with an eBay store. In the past few months, I've been getting a few e-mails asking me for some eBay pointers and advice. Even though I consider myself still a student of eBay, I'd love to share my knowledge with you!

-Wylie Mom eBay Articles-

Getting Started on eBay, Supplies Needed

Reasons To Consider An eBay Store

How To Open An eBay Store

Wylie Mom's eBay Guide To Free Shipping Boxes and Packing Materials

Free eBay First Class Shipping Boxes

Free Packing For Your eBay Mailings

Storage and Organization of Your eBay Store Inventory

Storing & Sorting Kid's Clothes For Resell

Sell Happy Meal Toys For A "Free" Lunch

Top 10 Thrift Store Finds To Sell On eBay

-Free Advice From eBay Sellers I Admire-

Lynn Dralle, The Queen of Auctions (check out her free e-zine)

Suzanne Wells, The eBay Selling Coach

Debbie Ybarra, eBay Mommy

-Want To Take A Peek At My eBay Store?-

Wylie Mom's Attic

In the coming weeks, I'll be writing more eBay articles and adding them to this page. So, keep checking back! Just visit the Wylie Mom homepage and click "Selling On eBay" at the very top, or bookmark this post.

I'm also proud to say that in October of 2009 I became an eBay Power Seller. It's just the bronze level, but I'm still very excited! I'm also proud to say that in the same month I was ranked as a Top Rated Seller, meaning I "Consistently receives highest buyers' ratings, Ships items quickly, Has earned a track record of excellent service". My hard work has paid off with two cute labels that will increase buyer confidence and hopefully increase my sales. Plus, I get a discount now too!

eBay will still be work, but giving yourself goals and making it fun will make all the difference in sticking with it. Have any eBay success stories? I'd love for you to share it with me. I'd also love to hear you eBay questions as well!

7 comments:

G said...

Love, Love, Love your site! Ginger told me about your site last night. I'm grabbing your button for my site, and signing up!

Angie said...

Yay!! Thanks so much Brady. I owe Ginger a lot, she's awesome!

Marcie said...

Eh...what's up doc? ROFL, just stopping by to read that eBay info. I need to spend a couple of hours getting started at bare minimum. I have a wedding gown my daughter didn't end up using (read that as mama bought her TWO) and need to sell that. I have some formal gowns I need to sell as well as a box full of vintage handbags. Hubby is moving ALL of his massive CD collection into digital storage and wants to sell his CD's by the HUNDREDS! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! LOL Oh wait, you did. I'll keep reading and maybe HUBBY will set up the eBay stuff since I am well...tap dancing as fast as I can. :)

Suggestion...redo the header on your eBay store to match your blog. I know. I keep working you to death! THINK "BRAND"!

Uh oh, it's after midnight. I'm dashing out! LATER!

Angie said...

Well stay tuned Ginger!! :)

Knew I should change the eBay store, but I have been procrastinating. Guess I'll get on the ball since you you're nagging me. Haha.

I've had some new readers come my way via you....thanks!! Off to bed as well.

Kacey K said...

I just listed my first two items up for bid on ebay. We shall see how it goes. I decided to start small and then go big if everything works out okay. I guess I am still a little confused about the shipping charges. For some reason it does not make sense to me yet.....

Angie said...

Yay! Kacey, I'm so excited!!

Shipping is a tough one!! I lost many a dollar in that area in the beginning, so don't be embarrassed by your confusion. I everyone is in the begining. Getting a scale is the most help, but seeing the whole process from listing to shipment will help a lot I bet as well.

Keep me posted!!

Marcie said...

Nag? Who ME?????? Tapping foot...looking at watch....drumming fingernails....! Okay, so I just looked at your eBay store and ....no new header yet. Slap me. Go ahead. Just slap me.

CONFESSION: I can't talk. I haven't yet had the time to become your student and I SO need to do that for the sake of my closets and cabinets.

So, just keep plugging away. I know how many moving parts and pieces there are to a blog. Just seems to be an endless list.

Talk to you soon!

Ginger

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP