Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Day In The Life Of Wylie Mom

Yesterday was somewhat of a "typical day" for me. Here's what I did:

After lunch we ran to Kroger. I haven't been to poor Kroger since Target opened, but I needed to get my 2 free packs of Fruit 2 Day. I'm trying it out and spreading the word for BzzAgent. BzzAgent is FREE to join. I also wanted to use my coupon for FREE Fiber One bars that Kroger mailed me. I got bread, milk, etc. I spent $20.75 and saved $21.81. Oh, and no, I didn't go to Kroger on Saturday. Hubby had to work and I knew it would be a mad house. It's hard to watch the register with kids in tow. :)

I also picked up some Activia yogurt at Kroger yesterday. It was $1.88 minus a $1.00 newspaper coupon so I paid $.88. Now, I'll mail in the Activia UPC & Kroger receipt in and will get a coupon for a FREE YoPlus yogurt back. The Yoplait YoPlus rebate form is here.

**Tip** Do rebates right away before the necessary pieces get lost, thrown away or you forget.

As a treat on the way home we went to Sonic. No, not very frugal, but I did wait until 1/2 Price Happy Hour between 2-4. Since I spent $2.13, that means I saved $2.13. But, since I've made that much watching ads at YouData the past couple of weeks, it all evens out (I have an odd way of seeing thing, I know!).

When we got home the mail had arrived and I received:

One $2.50 and three $1.50 Bounce Bar coupons from VocalPoint. It's FREE to join.

$5/$50 Home Depot coupon from the Home Depot Garden Club. Also FREE to join.

Remedy health magazine, FREE to request.

Speaking of magazines, I requested the following magazines for FREE yesterday. Remember magazines are great for reading, donating or selling.

Free 1 year subscription to Forbes Magazine or Muscle & Fitness.

Free 1 Year subscription to Viva Magazine.

For more free magazine deals (lots and lots), check out My Savings. I requested a free Vibe subscription thanks to them last week.

Don't forget to request samples, print coupons and check your survey e-mail box for surveys (I've already made $4 this morning with a 15 minute survey). I do these things when I have a few minutes here and there to "play" on the computer. As far as saving money, it's all the little (and fun) things you do everyday, day after day, that make the biggest impact!

Have a great day!!

Search & Win

No comments:

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP