Monday, August 10, 2009

Another Profitable Trip To CVS This Week!

I made another small profit at CVS this week. This is my second week in a row with a profit and my third in a row with under $3 spent out of pocket.

Bic Soleil Razor $7.99
Revlon Mineral Make-Up $9.99
Glide Floss $3.99
CVS Batteries $3.79
Wyler's Light packets $.27

minus

$5/$25 CVS printable CVS coupon
$3 off Bic Soleil newspaper coupon
$1.00 Revlon newspaper coupon
$3.79 off CVS batteries (free item coupon from CVS, August promo)
$9.99 in ECB from last week's CVS trip

Total cash OOP $2.44. I got back $12.99 in ECB and saved 30.49. I made an Extra Care Buck (ECB) profit of $3.00 and with the $2.44 in cash I spent, I had an overall "profit" of $.56. Woot!

The clearance Wyler's Light packets made the perfect filler at 9 cents a piece!! I had planned on getting the Sharpie highlighters (free with a coupon) but they were out and I was a $.24 shy of $25. Remember the $25 total needed does not include tax, so it's best to have a plan "B" or "C" in mind if you're trying to use a $5/$25 coupon. Sometimes (usually) something is out of stock.

Also.....I wanted to mention the Revlon make-up. I was lucky that they were hidden in my store and I found my shade. If not, I would have still bought some and sold it on eBay. It runs, $14.99 regular price and was on sale for $9.99. I actually "made" $1 on it since I used a coupon and it was free with ECB. It's a super tiny bottle, and it might cost about $1.50 to ship. So, if I were to sell it, I would maybe sell it for $9.99 with free shipping. Just an idea! :)

1 comment:

G said...

Loving your site! I gave you an award!

http://www.brandysbigbargains.com/2009/08/new-honor-bestowed.html

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP