Monday, February 16, 2009

A Profitable President's Day Trip To CVS

I really needed to jump back into the CVS/Extra Care Buck game and had 2 transactions all planned out for this morning. They revolved around my need for Pull-Ups that are on sale today for $8.99 a pack. Anyway, once we walked in the kids were jumping around yelling to use the magic coupon machine. What popped out???? My $10 in ECB for the survey I did last month and a $5/$30 CVS coupon. I ran back out to the car to re-work my deal (with my loud kids!!). I'm quite impressed with myself:

2 Suave Kids Shampoos $4.00
Suave Hairspray $2.00
Huggies Pull-Ups $8.99
Colgate Total $2.99
Herbal Essences Shampoo $2.99
Herbal Essences Conditioner $2.99
Powerade $1.69
Revlon Emory Boards $3.29
Trident Gum (I forgot it in my purse for the picture, sorry!) $1.29

minus

$5/$30 CVS coupon from magic machine
Free Suave item coupon (from here)
$1.00/2 Suave newspaper coupon
$2.00 Pull-Ups newspaper coupon
$1.00 Colgate Total newspaper coupon
$3.00/2 Herbal Essences P&G coupon
Free Powerade coupon from My Coke Rewards
$1.00 Revlon Beauty Tool newspaper coupon
$2.00 CVS/Revlon Beauty Tool coupon from "magic coupon machine" a few weeks back
$.75 Trident newspaper coupon

I paid with my $10 ECB "earnings" but she had to adjust it down to $9.79, leaving me some tax to pay.

Total OOP = $.58

I'll get a $.75 rebate from The Caregivers Marketplace for the Huggies Pull-Ups, so my cash profit is $.17 (wow!). I received $6.99 in ECB, so my overall "profit" on this trip is $7.16. Three cheers for the coupon binder!! :)

I'm so happy to have ECB to carry over!!!! Yippee!!!

2 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

Great Trip!! I should make a run there for the Huggies as well. Thanks for the motivation!

Angie said...

Well, I HAD to go. I only had one Pull-Up left. But wouldn't you know it since I've gotten more, he's pottied all day and I have the same one Pull-Up in my purse! :)

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP