Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

I hope the weekend is shaping up great for you! It is for me. :)

Yesterday, I packed up the kids, picked up my mom and headed to the Wylie Farmer's Market. Since is rained last Saturday, it was rescheduled for yesterday. I purchased some great strawberries from a family farm out of Farmersville. They are huge and sweet...and so yummy!

After that, we went garage saleing. That didn't turn out super successful, but I ended up with 5 auctions and spent only $2 out of pocket (plus gas). The up side is, 3 of the 5 auctions have watchers already (I listed while the kids napped). Once the kids woke up we headed to Goodwill for their 50% clothing sale. I saved $16.50 and ended up with 10 things for auction and 2 new with tag (NWT) items for my daughter. A pair of jeans for school and a denim Gap dress for now/school. I also purchased a paperback for me and my daughter found a wooden doll high chair in excellent condition for $2. She loves it!

Today, we heading to Kroger to pick up a few things (fun stuff on sale) and the ingredients for Strawberries 'N Cream Shortcake Squares. It's for tomorrow's cookout. First, I thumbed through all of my Food & Family's (from Kraft Foods) but ended up just using the online recipe search to find it. I wanted something easy and something that the kids could help with. This has a 15 min. prep time, then chills for 3 hours. Plus it only has 4 ingredients. Yay!

Remember that the Food & Family magazine is (FREE) full of recipes and usually contains coupons. Plus, Kraft Foods has printables as well! Have a great and safe weekend!!




Click Here

No comments:

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP