Monday, June 29, 2009

Wylie Mom's Weekly Recap - Week 26

Wow, it's hard to believe that 2009 is already half over! As far as last week's tracking it was a slow financial week, but a very action packed week personally (son's birthday and family visiting!). Here are the numbers:

Savings - $55.52

- saved $12.68 at Walmart (didn't blog...it was boring)
- saved $2.89 at Sonic (free Wacky Pack printable coupon from Sonic Birthday Club)
- saved $24.95 at Albertsons
- saved $10 at Party City ($10/30 Party City coupon)
- saved $5.00 with Papa Murphy coupon (I got 2 family sized "take and bake" pizzas & some cheese bread for my son's birthday party...it feed 14 people for $21)

eBay Sales - $122.45

Misc. Income - $16.99

-$2.00 cash at Half Price Books (I took in 8 magaiznes, that I got for free)
-$5.00 from Synovate Research (surveys and product trials...e-mail me for a referal)
-$9.99 rebate from Centrum

Weekly Impact - $194.96
Yearly Impact - $9,284.26

I'm happy (and thankful) about the eBay sales. A total of $122.45 in sales and only $9.99 was made at auction (one item!!) and $112.46 was from my store (9 items!!).

My favorite item that sold was this cool Pottery Barn plate. I found 4 of them at a garage sale a few weeks back and paid $1 a piece. I listed 2 of them auction style first, starting at $9.99 and they went unsold after 7 days. So I moved all 4 of them to my store and priced them at $13.97. They all four sold, 12 days later ($55.88)!! I paid $7.44 to eBay ($.70 original auction listing fees, $.03 store listing fee and $6.71 final value fee) and $2.27 to PayPal. So, $55.88 minus $4 for the plates minus $9.71 in fees equals $41.91 profit. I cleared $10.47 per plate, and my goal is $10 per item. I paid 7% in cost of goods sold and 18% in expenses and made 75% in profit. Very nice!

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP