Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'll Need To Wake Up Early In Wylie This Weekend!

I have a few reasons to get up and out the door early this weekend.

Tomorrow morning, June 5th, is the kick-off party for the Texas Summer Reading Club. This year's theme is Libraries: Deep in the Heart of Texas! The kick off party will be from 9am to 12pm.

"There will be a balloon artist, a bounce house, a Texas Size Petting Zoo and the City of Wylie's police and fire department. These events are FREE and fun for the whole family. If you plan on participating in all of the activities, be sure to arrive early."

The early part is the truth! They usually stop the line for the face painter at 11 or so, so get there closer to 9am than to 12pm.

You can pick up your reading logs anytime. Yesterday was the first day they were available so I went to get ours. I'm such a nerd! Click here for more info on the summer reading programs and the kick off tomorrow.

Saturday, the 6th, is the Wylie Farmer's Market from 8am to 1pm. I got some yummy starwberries last time. It's on Ballard St. across from the park.

Also on Saturday, the Home Depot is having their Kids Workshop from 9am to 12pm. This month you'll build a hardware sorter. Sounds pretty handy. The kids workshop is FREE. :)

No comments:

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP