Saturday, March 22, 2008

I love thrift stores!

Yesterday I headed to Texas Thrift with mom and kids in tow. What a fun day!!

I ended up with 9 items for eBay auctions and a small item for each kid. My daughter got a new Hello Kitty washcloth and my son got a Spiderman plate. Total spent on kids $1.37! Anyway, my overall total was $17, or $1.89 for each eBay item. I just rolled the kid's items in.

My mom spent less than $5, and got a hat and 2 pairs shorts for my son and a skirt and book for my daughter. Needless to say they were so excited about the trip. Kids have no clue if you spent $100 or $.50, so why spend $100?

Once I got home I quickly looked up some of my items. I used an "advanced search" to look at similar completed auctions. Looks like I'll turn that $17 into about $125. Not bad for a nice afternoon with family!

Mom even treated us to lunch at Chick-fil-A, yum!!

Last but not least, Mom and I each got our Hershey's chocolates at CVS with our rain checks. We're ready for next week. Speaking of CVS, I realized yesterday there is one conveniently located next to my daughters pre-school. She only goes twice a week, so damage should be minimal. Funny I never noticed the CVS before...

Anyway, since I took my eBay pictures and washed the items yesterday, I'm ready to post the items today....that is when I find a chance.

P.S. The chocolate cluster Post cereal was indeed good!

1 comment:

† Tasha said...

I love the blog! We have a lot in common... I LOVE thrift stores.... I love bargains....I love about anything I can get for cheap! Are you big into garage sale??? I live next to an area that is getting ready to have the hugest statewide citywide sale ever in MO. Its so crazy packed in town, but you can great things. I've set up an ebay thing, just haven't started to sell.. kinda nervous and have no idea what to do... haha Have any suggestions
Tasha @ Comical Coupon Cents

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP