Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Random Blogging

So here's the reason I've been even more random with my blogging this week. My 23 month old son broke his arm over Memorial Day weekend. Before I mentioned or pictured it, I wanted to be sure we've told everyone personally!! He's been so brave and is such the trooper. He's barely uttered a peep about it. He had his cast re-done Thursday, it's now super cool soccer balls!! The only "bad" news is he's got it for the next 6 weeks!! I am so grateful that we live near a terrific hospital for children. The hardest part is keeping him "still" to rest. There has been a lot of TV on in my house lately. I feel terrible about it, but it keeps him still. :)

Out of all that, I still have a deal to report! One of my husband's managers and his family gave my son a super cute Parents MD kit from Target. He loves it!! It was such a sweet "get well" present. So, as I was opening it all up I noticed a card for a free subscription to Parents magazine. It was "included with the toy purchase". Cool!! I had let my last free subscription lapse. Well, as I was reading the card (small print) if you had actually purchased the MD kit and didn't want the subscription, you could mail the card in with your receipt for a $5 refund off the toy/magazine. I wonder how many people throw those away everyday?? Basically they "charge" you $5 on top of the toy price for the magazine and you don't notice it. So keep an eye out for any such "deals" with Parents brand toys or anything at all for that matter. I'll be happy with my free magazine!!

A quick side note about magazines. You may begin to wonder, "how many can I read?", with so many offers for free subscriptions floating around the web these days. I usually flip through them first, read anything fun second, tear out super cool stuff third and lastly I take it to the library for donation. They have an area set up in the lobby to "freecycle" you magazines. If your library doesn't do this......ask about starting it! It's a win/win for everyone!! Be sure to recycle your magazines if you can't donate them. :)

1 comment:

Miss Mommy said...

Here's hoping your little guy is up and running around soon;-)

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP