Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I am the Crazy Coupon Lady!

I have coupons coming out of my ears! I get the paper delivered every Sunday and my mom, Liz, gives me her coupons un-clipped on Sunday as well. Last week I cut ours together to save time. Then this week, Irene (my step-mom) started mailing me hers. Thanks Irene!! But wait, there's more. I also belong to a coupon club. We mail our unwanted coupons on to the next person each week. I couldn't be happier!! I takes no time at all to sort them. Now I will be prepared with at least 2 if not 5 or 6 of my favorite coupons when a sale hits.

Here's how I keep them organized and with me at all times. They all fit into the nice bright orange pencil case. Hey..... it was free! My mom gave it to me. The draw back is, I'm sure all the cashiers will start to remember me. I can hear them talking now, "Oh, here she is. The crazy coupon lazy with the orange pencil case FULL of coupons". Anyway, the pencil case fits in my purse. Here's what inside:

1. Envelope for "coupons to file". This is where I stash them when they come in the mail, off a product or if I didn't use one at the store. All my trips are planned with a list and all coupons are clipped to the list. I prepare this before I leave the house. This keeps the trip quick and I don't overspend.

2. Calculator in black case and a pen (not pictured). Haha.

3. Redbox free rental codes. I re-print this every few weeks or so. We only go once every week or two so there is always a code to use for a free rental.

4. Target coupons, sporting the super fashionable "Verizon" envelope. I pay bills online and this is one way I "re-use" the envelopes. Then I recycle them. I change out my envelopes every week or two when I sit down and organize/clean out my pouch. I usually do this on Sunday after I've clipped my coupons from the paper. I put my new coupons away and pull any expired ones (to recycle of course).

5. My CVS envelope (sporting the blue GMAC envelope). I store a few $3/15, $4/20 and $2 off CVS brands coupons in here. Also, my weekly transactions are kept in here. I prepare all my trips/transactions on Sunday. I paperclip each list (with pricing and ECB info) and my coupons together. I label them #1, #2, etc. Yes, I'm very OCD!!!!! This way if I happen to pass by a CVS, I'm always ready to run in and back out within 5 minutes.

6. Store and restaurant coupons. Things like Sonic coupons (my whole family had lunch today at Sonic for $5), $5 off $25 at Once upon a Child (resale shop), etc. This way I never forget a coupon at home. If it expires, so what? At least if I ever do pop in somewhere, I will have the coupon with me.

7. All of my coupons!!! They are in 14 categories right now.

I've seen some other cute ideas for storage. I like the idea of using a photo album but am worried about the extra bulk of the plastic pages. I am currently still refusing the carry a coupon "box". But this does seem to be working for me so far. If I pass by the "clearance" rack or find something else on sale that I missed when making my list, my coupons are very easy to grab. Anyone else have any different ideas???? Leave me a comment if so!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live further North from you (think McKinney).

I use a binder with baseball card holders. Today at Target the cashier said, "I remember you! You are the one who is organized with her coupons". Ha... if only she could see my kitchen and coffee table (and junk drawer and the bottom of my purse)

Angie said...

Ha ha! That's cute!! :)

BargainFun said...

I use a coupon holder I bought at organize.com I love it I also save time clipping coupons with my battery operated black and decker sissors ! what a time saver and great xmas present. Every couponer should have one ! I use envelopes for my trips also .

Angie said...

Awesome! Thanks for the ideas....I was actually thinking of new scissors. Battery operated???? Wow! :)

Dylan said...

One thing you might consider is shopping for some of your items online. I find that when I combine some deals and coupons for items (non-grocery items, natch) that I find at sites like DealTaker.com it really helps cut down on my coupon clutter.

Hope that helps!

Angie said...

Thanks!! I've always shopped online just for gifts and "hard to find" items. I'll check it out! :)

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP