Thursday, October 22, 2009

What To Sell On eBay - Sweet Pickles Books

A few weeks ago I posted an eBay success story about selling kids snow bibs. Something I am new at. Anyway, I asked for readers to share recent eBay success stories and Amy at Frugally Frugalicious left a great comment!!

She invested $2 in some books and sold them for $80. Holy cow!! I had to know more!!

Amy remembered reading some cute books she enjoyed as a kid and wanted to find them for her daughter. Recently while browsing in a thrift store she ran across about 20 of the books (Yay Amy!!). Check out this current Sweet Pickles books eBay auction to see what I'm talking about (not Amy's auction!). Anyway, they were priced at $.50 each but when she asks the salesperson, she tells her she will sell them to her for $.10 each! Amy kept a few for herself and sold the rest for $80. Way to go!!! That's an amazing price for vintage (1970's), used books. Not to mention she sold just a few random ones, and not the complete set of 40.

Here's the Wikipedia scoop: "Sweet Pickles is a series of 40 children's books by Ruth Lerner Perle, Jacquelyn Reinach, and Richard Hefter (who also created Stickybear and the Strawberry Library). The books are set in the fictional town of Sweet Pickles and are about anthropomorphic animals with different personalities and behavior. There are 26 animals—one for each letter of the alphabet. The books were published in 1977 and went out of print in the mid-1990s. The series' name is a pun; in each book, the main character gets into a "pickle" (a difficult situation) because of an all-too human personality trait. The front endpapers of the books portrayed the 26 characters, and the back endpapers portrayed a map of the town."

So, check out the current auction that I linked to. Remember what they look like and remember Sweet Pickles!!

Thanks so much Amy for writing me back and giving me all the scoop. I really appreciate it!! :)

Also, thanks to the Collectors Connection for the picture.

No comments:

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP