Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Making Money on eBay Selling Kids Snow Bibs

If you follow me Twitter, you might have read this morning where I was getting an eBay purchase ready to ship and decided to blog about it. Kind of a "success story" if you will. :)

Last spring I purchased 3 kids snow bibs (overalls) at a thrift shop for $2 each. I placed them all in my eBay store at the time. Remember spring selling on eBay is all about Easter, not snow!

First up , a pair of Barbi snow bibs in excellent condition (looked like a Walmart brand & was missing the matching jacket) sold about 4 or 5 months ago for $13.97. I shipped those to Canada, so the timing of the purchase makes more sense.

Today, I sold and shipped a pair of Columbia snow bibs. They were navy blue, in excellent condition, and sold for $27.97. Plus, I still have a pair of kids Obermeyer's left in my store at $17.97. ***Update*** The Obermeyer pair sold on October 25th, just 3 weeks after this post. :)

Looking at all 3 pairs, once the 3rd pair sells, that will end up being about $60 in gross sales. With only spending $6 for the snow bibs, my inventory only cost me 10%. I only pay a little to PayPal and eBay after that, but once it's all said and done it's about 25-30% in inventory and fees and 70-75% profit. Impressive business model overall, I'd say! And $60 is certainly not bad off of a $6 investment. I have no knowledge of cold weather wear, I've never even been skiing. I took a small chance (as far as my experience on the items) and it is paying off. As usual, I think the key to success on eBay is listing items in a "store" and being very patient. Once you have a few hundred items listed, you should be selling something every day or so.

Have an eBay success story? I'd love to hear it! :)


Search & Win

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you make an eBay store?

amy05 said...

Just sold some books I spent around 3 bucks on for $25.00 and sold a NWT pair of Gymbo tights for $8 bucks only paid .99 cents for... not bad not rich but deff. not bad! I sold not to long ago a lot of books for $80.00 and only had $2.00 in them total!!!

Angie said...

I'll address the eBay store question seperately....

Amy, awesome on books! What kind are you selling? I like selling books too, but hate how heavy they are (as far as storing them). Are you doing them in lots?

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP