Tis the season for gift shopping! Typically men and women have a hard time shopping for each other and I'm not sure why. But to help with that, I thought I'd share my top 5 gifts ideas for mom. This list will work for not only for the holiday season, but for birthdays and Mother's Day,too. So keep it handy guys!
1. Spa Services - Nails, waxing, massages, hair...etc. This one is loved by almost all women, and you can tailor it to fit the mom in your life. But here's my BIG DISCLAIMER, pick out what she'd like and pay for it (or get a gift certificate) and make her the appointment. Not only do you need to schedule the appointment, but you'll need to take care of the childcare in advance as well. The delivery of the gift should go something like this, "Your spa appointment is Tuesday afternoon at 4 pm and Aunt Suzy is picking the kids up at 3:30 pm while you relax". Otherwise, the gift certificate will expire in her purse...trust me! Nothing is more depressing than getting a spa gift card that you know you'll never use because you have kids attached to your hip 24/7.
2. Gift Cards (certificates) to her favorite clothing stores - Scratch that, make it her favorite "dream" stores. Just because we moms always wear jeans from Old Navy doesn't mean we want an Old Navy gift card. We shop there because it's cheap, not because we're "in love" with the clothes. Get her a gift card to Nordstoms or Neimans, or whatever "glamorous" store she likes. You know, stores with real designers. And, read the disclaimer for gift idea #1 on the child care situation, otherwise it will expire in her purse, get re-gifted or she'll use it on the kids.
3. Starbucks Gift Card - if she's a coffee drinker that is. No frugal mom spends $4 on a cup of Starbucks coffee. Ever! But, it's such a nice treat and she will thank you for this one, time and time again. No childcare needed, Starbucks has a drive-thru. :)
4. Cute Gadgets - Moms only like some gadgets, so be careful!! I'm talking about an iPod or Nintendo DS, an iPhone, a new laptop or a Kindle maybe. Think cute and popular, and girly colors like pink, purple, fuchsia, etc!! Nothing that you cook or clean with and nothing that needs to be cleaned. You're looking for something that she can use alone and relax with!
5. New Designer Bag - Or a wallet or keychain or...whatever. I personally LOVE Coach bags and hubby got me a new one for my birthday. It's sooo nice and I get tons of compliments on it. I get even more compliments when I tell people hubby picked it out himself. Maybe mom needs a new planner or laptop bag, but get something nice! This is the time to head to the mall or shop online, and leave Walmart and Target behind.
P.S. Although I've added a few of my affiliate links this post, they are 100% my own opinions and no compensation was recieved.