Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wylie Mom's Mid-November Trip To CVS

It seems I'm only making it to CVS about once a month lately. I do hope I start making it more often. And, I'm sure I will since my stock pile is dwindling down. Here's what I got this month, with only one day to spare before my Extra Care Bucks expired. Yikes, I cut it close again!

3 Skippy Peanut Butter's $5.00
3 Ragu sauces $5.00
Bumble Bee Tuna $1.50
4 Trident Layered gums $4.00
Crest w/ Scope $3.49
Glade Candle $3.00
Duracell Batteries $2.99
Herbal Essences $2.88

minus

(3) $.40 Skippy newspaper coupons
(3) $.30 Ragu newspaper coupons
$.75 Duracell P&G newspaper coupon
$.55 Bumble Bee newspaper coupon
Free Herbal Essences coupon (mailed from the expired Facebook offer)
$2.00 Glade coupon from last Sunday's Parade
$1.00 off Crest coupon from my kid's dentist
B1G1 Free Trident Layered gum newspaper coupon
$5.00 CVS coupon (no longer available)
$9.99 in ECB from last months trip

Total cash OOP (out of pocket) = $.68 and SAVED $45.65. I also got back $6.00 in ECB ($3.00 Skippy/Ragu, $2.00 Crest and $1.00 Duracell).

I had this worked out at home with only 2 packs of gum, but the cashier took off the non-sale price for the Herbal Essences ($4.39 instead of $2.88) and she did the same thing with the Trident coupon ($1.50 off instead of $1.00). I didn't figure it out what happened until I got home, but she had me throw 2 more of the gums in to keep me from losing money and make up for the "extra" $2.01 she took off. I had another B1G1 free Trident coupon, but knew it would throw us back into the whole as far as the total so I left it as is. I also "lost" $3.99 in Extra Care Bucks, but that part was planned.

Do you need a CVS coupon? CVS has a new Medicare Part D quiz on their website. For taking the quiz you'll be rewarded with a $5/$30 CVS coupon!! CVS Medicare Part D Quiz

No comments:

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP