Thursday, January 8, 2009

Great Trip To Walgreens-Jan 6

Here's how my Walgreens trip for the week turned out (I made $$!!):

Transaction #1
2 Flintstones Vitamins $10.00
One-A Day $7.00
Philips Milk of Magnesia $3.00

minus

(2) $1.00 Flintsones newspaper coupons
$1.00 One-A-Day coupon
$8.08 paid to Wags GC

Total OOP = $8.92 ($11.46 saved) and I got $10.00 in Register Rewards back.

Transaction #2

2 Reynolds Foil $3.38
Niagara Spray Starch $1.79
Garnier Conditioner, on sale $2.99
Electrasol 20ct, on sale $3.49
2 Glade Candles, on sale $5.00
-They didn't have the car air freshener for $4.99 (this month's free with rebate item). So I added the following to fill in the $5.00
Hershey's chocolate, on sale $.12
Disney Stickers, on sale $.74
Fiber One toaster things $2.99
Cranberries $1.00
2 Act II popcorns, on sale $1.98

minus

$.99 Wags Reynolds Foil cpn (saved $1.40)
$1.00 Reynold's cpn-they only let me use one....mgr wouldn't let me have a zero OOP transaction. Bummer!
$.99 Wags Niagara Starch cpn (saved $.80)
(2) $.40 Act II cpns
$2.50 Electrasol cpn
(2) $1.00 Glade Candle cpns
$2.00 Wags/Garnier cpn
$1.00 Garnier cpn
$1.00 Fiber One cpn
$10.00 Register Rewards from Transaction #1

Total OOP = $.72 ($33.70 saved).

As far as cash OOP, I spent a total of $9.64 on both transactions, but will get $10.00 back with the manufactures rebate from last week's paper. It's for 1/2 back by rebate, with a maximum of $10. So, that's a cash profit of $.36. My total trip savings was $45.16 and that is not counting the rebates.

I'll submit the Walgreens rebate for the two Glade Candles ($1.00 back each) and the Electrasol ($1.50). With the 10% bonus for having it loaded to my Walgreens GC, I'll get $3.85 back.

As far as the Walgreens GC goes, I lost money on this transaction. But, I started the month with $24.18 loaded on the card. With the $3.50 I'll get back from this trip, combine it with my other trip from this rebate period and I'll get $24.17 back this month. Only a $.01 loss on the GC this month! :)

No comments:

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP