Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Story Time!


It's seems like all the pieces are back in place, with our fall schedule that is. The last missing piece was the start up of story time at the local library. Since summer is such a busy season for them, they take some time off at the end of the summer. I'm so glad it's started again. We continued to visit the library for books, but it's not the same as story time!!

I definitely have a couple of young readers on my hands. My daughter was so excited last week after story time, that she set up "story time" in her room and read to us and her stuffed animals all afternoon. When you ask my son if he wants to go to the library, he starts dancing around singing "books, books". Funny!

Here in Wylie, they have 3 story times. Two are for ages 3-5 and one is for ages 0-2. They read books, sing songs, have felt stories and always do a craft. We of course also get to borrow books and even movies.....all for FREE! I encourage you to look up you local library and go check it out. You never know what fun programs yours could be offering! Ours has an after school teen center, tutoring, programs for youngsters learning to read, adult book groups/discussions, get the idea? :)

You can also head over to Pottery Barn (Tuesdays) or a Barnes & Noble (dates & times vary) for story time. Of course there you are tempted to buy some of the cute & pretty things in the store......but be strong and just listen to the free stories!

Check out (haha) you local library!!!!

2 comments:

LLMajer said...

I love my library! Getting to read all kinds of cool books for FREE is fun, and DS likes going, too.
PS-Can I link to you on my newbie blog?

Angie said...

Yes please!!! :)

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP