Saturday, October 25, 2008

Why Goodwill Rocks!


I just wanted to start off by saying.....this is my 300th post!! Yippee!!

Now, back to business! Check out this super cute Janie and Jack sweater I got this week at Goodwill. I was there shopping for "eBay treasures" and dug it out of the $.99 bin. When shopping for eBay I just do a quick scan.

I check: Brand Name, Condition and Price.

I didn't even see the size until I got home. It's a perfect fit for my son and it's in excellent condition/like new. I also scored him (on my second Goodwill trip this week....I only went 2 times) some Gymboree khaki shorts and a pair Children's Place footed snowman PJ's. Both also out of the $.99 bin. But.....you have to be willing to look and dig, dig, dig!!

Shopping at Goodwill has pretty gotten easy for me. I go in for eBay, and anything I find for us is just an added bonus. My poor daughter didn't get anything this week. But that's how Goodwill works. It's a treasure hunt and you can't go in looking for something specific. I usually only spend about an hour in the store, and can come out with 10-20 things. Once I'm home, I rescan items, sort to wash, etc. That's when I look at sizes and "pull things" for the kids.

Remember the new without tags Ralph Lauren shirt I got my hubby at Goodwill? Want to know what kind of treasures could be awaiting you?

How about a new Fitz and Floyd snack plate, new with tags Nike/Cowboy's infant wear, a Lacoste sweater, a Spode plate, a BCBG 100% cashmere sweater, a Gymboree Christmas dress (already sold)....the list goes on and on and on!

If you're in the Dallas area, Goodwill is having a BIG SALE today (Saturday). 50% off clothes and Christmas and 75% off Halloween. Warning!!! These sales are crazy busy, so go without kids if you can. I've already been twice this week, so I'll pass on today's sale. :)

2 comments:

Momma Val said...

I personally LOVE Salvation Army. Our Goodwill stinks. Yours sounds like a good one. Good finds!

Angie said...

I never find anything at my Salvation Army's!! Haha!!

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP