Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Yay For Walgreens!! October 15th-Profit

I must be in bizarro world, since I'm so excited about my Walgreens trip and haven't even been to CVS yet. I've totally got the hang of Walgreens and all my rebates are looking good. Here's what I got this week:

Transaction #1

3 Dimetapps $11.97

minus

(3) $2.00 Dimetapp printable coupon
=$5.97

$3.68 paid to Wags giftcard and only $2.29 paid OOP. I got back $10 in Register Rewards.

Transaction #2

2 Nestle Snack Size Chocolates $5.00
2 Mars Snack Size Chocolates $5.00
2 Bounty Basic Paper Towels $3.18
Arm & Hammer Detergent $2.99
Popcorn as a filler $.39

minus

(2) $1.00/1 Nestle Chocolate printable coupon
$1.00/2 Mars Snack Size coupon from newspaper
$1.00/2 Bounty P&G coupon
Wags coupon for $.89 each Basic PT ($.70 off each)
$1.00 Arm & Hammer Detergent printable coupon
$10 in RR from transaction #1

$.14 paid OOP. Over both trips I paid $2.43 cash OOP and I'll get back $5.50 ($5 plus 10% bonus) in rebates for the chocolate and the Arm & Hammer. That's an overall profit of $3.07!!

My new game plan with Walgreens is that I use my gift card to purchase Register Rewards items. The gift card is loaded with $$ from the previous months rebates. I do these RR transactions in the next town over since their registers allow me to receive RR if I use coupons. Then I use the RR to purchase rebate items. I usually do those transactions here in Wylie. And, like I said above all my rebates I've entered so far for the month have been approved. Yippee!

P.S. Visit the "Cent"sible Sawyer's Drugstore Divas post for more drugstore deals!!

No comments:

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP