Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall Activity & Snack for Under $1


Cookies!!!!!!! The kids and I are trying to get in the fall spirit. Sometimes it takes work here in North Texas when it's still in the 80's in October. So we made "fall" cookies. I've lost the picture of ours.....they were so cute! We made sugar cookies, frosted them white (it was what I had on hand, haha) and the kids covered them with orange and black sprinkles.

We used Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix and frosting from my stock pile. The cookie mix I got for free (with a good sale and coupon at Kroger) and the frosting, I'll admit, is from the spring. I got it back when it was like $.19 at Walmart. I already had Halloween sprinkles in the cabinet. We used 1 stick of butter ($.55) and one egg ($.08), so my total cost was $.82. But, we didn't even need to step out the door!!

A great example of why is fun to stockpile!!! :)

No comments:

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP