Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pull-Ups (& more) At Walgreens-No Cash OOP!!!

Since my son is potty training, these 2 packs of Pull-Ups should last a while. I hope!

Transaction #1

2 Pull-Ups $20.00
Huggies Wipes $6.00

minus

(2) $2.00 newspaper Pull-Ups coupons
$.50/1 Huggies Wipes newspaper coupon

Total paid to Walgreens GC = $23.17 and I got back a $10.00 Register Reward

Transaction #2

Coffee Mate, B1G1 Free, $2.49
Garnier Conditioner ( a friend for the Garnier shampoo from CVS) $2.99
Kraft Mac & Cheese $1.59
Axe Hair Pomade $6.99
Wags Headache Relief $2.99
Colgate $3.49
Baby Ruth (filler) $.50

minus

(2) $1.50 printable Coffee Mate coupons
$.69 Kraft/Wags coupon (saved $.90)
$.49 Nestle/Wags coupon (saved $.01)
$2.00 Wags EasySaver Garnier coupon
$1.00 Garnier newspaper coupon
$2.50 Wags Easy Saver Colgate coupon
$1.50 Colagte coupon from ALL YOU magazine
$10.00 Register Rewards from Trans #1

Total Paid to Wags gift card = $.14

On the second transaction, my plan was to purchase some rebate items with the RR to "make" some of my money back. I received a $.51 overage from the Coffee Mate and a $.51 overage from the Colgate, if you're technical I also had a $.01 overage from the Garnier. Anyway, I purchased the Mac & Cheese and Nestle candy as fillers to get me close to zero, but not under zero!

Here's how the transactions look overall. I spent $23.31 on my Walgreens gift card, but ZERO cash OOP. After I get the Walgreens rebate (and 10% bonus) for the Axe Pomade and Walgreens Headache Relief, I'll have $10.97 loaded back to the card. I've also already sent the UPC's from the Pull-Ups to The Caregivers Marketplace for $.75 back per pack. That brings my total for Pull-Ups and wipes (what I really needed from Walgreens this week) to $10.84. But remember, I spent NO CASH out of pocket.

Here's the Walgreens gift card/rebate plan: Make an "investment" and purchase some rebate items. Have the money loaded to a Wags gift card. Use the gift card to purchase something that pays back Register Rewards. Use the Register Rewards to purchase a rebate item. Rebate money is loaded to card. Rinse and Repeat! I "invested" about $15 back in October and haven't spent cash OOP at Walgreens since! You can make the gift card balance grow through the 10% bonus and coupons.

Total saved at Walgreens this week, $33.36!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for showing this pullup deal and for reminding me about "the caregivers". I havent had a chance to look at the flyers lately so i apprieciate it.

Angie said...

No problem!! :)

It's hard to keep up on all the deals sometimes, huh?

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP