Friday, June 27, 2008

No Groceries for 3 Weeks!

I went "grocery" shopping finally yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks! No, we weren't starving and, yes, I did go shopping the past 3 weeks. I went to Wal-Mart, we had to buy milk ($3), I went to CVS here and here, then I went to Target and finally I went to Target and CVS. See, I shop a lot. If you'll notice the pictures I usually picked up milk, bread or fruit while I was "free shopping".

I added up all my misc. trips and spent only $32.44 OOP. Now, my budget is about $35 a week. So over the past 3 weeks I would have $105 to spend. Subtract the $32.44 and I could have spent $72.56 to catch up.

Yesterday's total???? $64.28..........that's $8.28 under budget! I am pleased with myself. My average for the past 3 weeks has been $32.24 a week. That's for groceries, diapers, TP, you name it for a family of 4.

First, I went to Kroger and spent $26.46. Some highlights: I found the Land O' Frost free lunchmeat, but only got 2. I finally found some cat food I had a free coupon for, so I got 3 more bags of free cat food, a free yogurt (it was on sale for $1.25 because it expired soon, I stacked a $.40 e-coupon with a $.50 regular coupon that they doubled, so I really made $.15 on it), Totino's pizzas are only $.70, that's about all that was super exciting.

I had loaded a cooler with ice in the car before I left, so I packed all the cold stuff up and off we went to........ Albertson's.

"Helper's" are on sale for $1, but be sure to print a coupon from my coupon bar ($.80/3)! I stocked up on those and Betty Crocker mixes ($1/2 cookies and $.40/1 brownies is on my coupon bar at left). Blue Bell is $2.67 with coupon, click here. I also took advantage of a fun deal with Cool Whip/Jello and free cookies. I used $1 coupons on each the Cool Whip and Jello. Then for me it was just a bunch of staples (bread, eggs, rice...boring!). Be sure to get the free Kraft Singles coupon from the Parade last Sunday. I got free cheese for purchasing 3 Kool-Aids. Can you believe my kids have never had Kool-Aid? I daughter carried them home she was so excited!

Starting today at Albertson's C&H sugar is $.99, purchase it with the $.30 coupon from the paper (tripled) and you will only pay 9 cents!! This is today through Sunday, limit one. Also, they are running a gas discount promotion if you spend $50 or $100 on groceries.

Don't forget, if you go to Albertson's (or Wal-Mart, etc) get a Redbox movie code before you leave the house. I used the code "SUMMER" and the kids got Alvin. I have never once paid for a Redbox movie!! Read here about how I keep a code with me at all times. Between the movie and the Kool-Aid, my daughter had a great time. :)

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP