Thursday, July 17, 2008

Eating Out for Almost Free!

Last week it felt like all we did was eat out. Here's what we did:

Wednesday for lunch I took my son to Sonic for his free Wacky Pack Kids Meal. This was from signing up with the Sonic Birthday Club, in order to not feel bad, I bought a grilled cheese sandwich for $1.40. Then I ran across the street to Starbucks and used my coupon for a free iced coffee. I know, you're thinking iced coffee and a grilled cheese, yuck! I'm cheap, what can I say! P.S. My daughter was with Grandma and ate with her (Sonic), and hubby was at work.

That night for dinner I decided to order pizza. We used one of the coupons the kids received from the Texas Reading Club for Papa Murphy's, it's a take and bake pizza place. We had a 1/2 price off any pizza coupon so we got the family size. Total out of pocket, $5.97. No tax since the pizza isn't cooked! :) Not only did all four of us eat dinner, but half of the pizza was still left.

Thursday, hubby was off all day. So for lunch we ate the rest of the pizza before we headed to the mall to hang out and let the kids play at the playground. Remember, last week we were still in clean and dry mode because of the cast. We did splurge (haha) on a 1/2 price drink at Sonic. Sonic has happy hour from 2-4, I believe it includes fountain drinks and slushes. Total spent $1.08. Then, we had dinner at my mom's.

Friday, my husband was back at work. So my mom and I took the kids to 7-11 and we all 4 enjoyed a free Slurpee! Next stop was Chick-fil-A for Cow Appreciation Day. The kids looked so cute!! I just used the print outs from the Chick-fil-A website. We all had cow ears on. My daughter wore spots and a tail and my son wore the sandwich board. And in typically Chick-fil-A style (the are SO nice!) we all 4 ate totally for free! I was expecting to pay for sides and drinks. It was so much fun, we are definitely going again next year. The kids loved dressing up and getting to play too!! Total spent $0.

Total spent over the 3 days, $8.45. We all ate and the kids had tons of fun. What's better than that?

No comments:

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP