Friday, September 25, 2009

Halloween Is Around The Corner, Are You Getting Ready?

I've gone back and forth with the whole Halloween costume issue, I mean as far as store bought vs. homemade costumes. And, well frankly, I'm all about the store bought! As a kid, my mom made beautiful custom made costumes for us every year. We were so cute!! But, years ago store bought costumes consisted of a plastic trash bag (opps I mean costume) and a cheesy mask. Times have sure changed!! Costumes today are not only great for Halloween, but can be kept and reused over and over for dress-up.

This year, I lucked out with my son. He wants to be Spiderman and he has a really nice Spidey costume he got for his birthday this summer. He sometimes mentions being Batman, and we're about 80% covered already there. My kids love to dress up!! My daughter wants to be Ariel, and frankly after all the time (hours & hours) and money ($50) I spent last year doing a handmade Tinker Bell costume, I blew some cold hard cash on hers this year. I hit up the Disney Store a few days ago and it was the last day of the Princess 25% off sale, I was so excited. I scored her costume and accessories for under $50 and I'm done. Plus, she now has an Ariel costume for the dress up box.

A few years ago, I choose a cute pirate costume from Old Navy for my son, and it was sold out a month before Halloween. I had to go to eBay to get it, thank goodness for eBay. But selling out that far ahead of time is crazy, I think!

So, the moral of my story is: As far as Halloween is concerned, plan ahead and shop early!

Here are two cute Walmart costumes that you can have shipped for only $.97. That beats driving to Walmart for sure!


Save with 97 cent shipping on Kids Halloween Costumes at Walmart.com!

Deluxe Batman Muscle Child Costume


Dorothy Child Costume

What are your kids thinking of dressing up as this year? Are you dressing up? Have you started getting ready?

No comments:

Ed Hardy

About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas
I'm a married, stay-at-home mom to two kiddos in grade school. I love to save money as much as I like to make it! Coupons, thrift stores? Lead the way! But wait....there's more! I have a BBA from University of Oklahoma and I was a banker and an accountant before I became a domestic goddess!

Disclosure

This policy is valid from 26 June 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Update 2011.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Reward Port

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP